St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Parish Council Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2016
Members present: Sherry Rankin, Charlie Ringwald, Amy Engle, Vicki Sheipe, Susan Yanos, Emma Bogue, Dan Sweet, Wayne Hokey, Tom Munchel, Suzie Dungan and Darren Klein. Also present was Father Joe and Barb Ringwald.
· Opening prayer was led by Father Joe
· The meeting was presided over by Dan Sweet.
Finance report was given by Tom Munchel. The checking account and stipend account for December 2015 and January 2016 were reconciled. Darren Klein made a motion to accept with Emma Bogue seconding. Motion passed.
· Job Postings – Organist/Music Director and Religious Education Administrator/Youth Minister – It was reported that our current organist may be staying through Easter.
· Epoxy of (3) Bathroom Floors – Jon Bell is to do this the third week of February. After a discussion as to whether or not to have the epoxy go up the side wall in place of the rubber molding that is there now – it was decide to go ahead and put the epoxy up the side wall. This is an additional cost of $500.00. Sherry Rankin made a motion with Charlie Ringwald seconding. Motion passed.
· Restructuring of the Connersville Deanery – Father Joe reported on the Archdiocese decision. St. Rose and St. Anne will be merging, St. Elizabeth will be linking with the newly merged parish and St. Mary will partner with all. There are still a lot of unanswered questions, The Cohort teams will meet in Rushville at St. Mary on Monday February 26, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
· RE: Garage – Wayne Hokey reported that the garage start date is scheduled for mid March to mid April. We have to supply the gravel base. The area needs to be staked and check out the elevations. Barb Ringwald will call Jon Turpin for a price on the electric work. There may be a Parishioner interested in the current garage.
· Barb Ringwald reported that there is a Liturgical workshop at St. Gabriel Catholic Church in Connersville on Saturday, February 20, 2016. Mass will begin at 9:00 a.m. and the workshop will conclude at 12:30 p.m.
· RE: Mulching and trimming of the bushes on Parish grounds – Tom Munchel made a motion with Wayne Hokey seconding that we get Randy Buhl to do this again this year. Motion passed.
· RE: Fly and wasp board to use in the church steeple – Barb Ringwald reported that there is a Vector Fly Lite that draws the flies and wasps to it. This is to help with the fly issue in the church. It was discussed and decided to look into some other possibilities first..
· Vicki Sheipe reported that one of the parishioners approached her about a Lenten service project for the entire Parish – they asked that each family bring a canned food each week for the Food Pantry. After a discussion, Barb will put this in the bulletin and we will place a basket up front of the Church for this..
February 10 – Ash Wednesday
February 16 – Second collection – Black and Indian Mission
February 16 – Center Rental – Kiwanis Sweetheart Dinner
February 18 – Beginning of Lenten program on Thursdays by Susan Yanos
February 20 – 21 – Deacon Russ Woodward to preach this weekend
February 20 – Liturgical Ministers – Morning of Reflection – hosted at St. Gabriel
February 23 – St. Elizabeth Penance Service 7:00 p.m.
February 28 – Ministerial Association service at St. Elizabeth 6:00
March 1 – 11 – Fr. Joe will be on vacation
March 5 – 6 – Second collection – Catholic Relief Services
March 5 – 6 – Fr. Luerman will preach this weekend
Next Parish Council meeting will be Tuesday March 29, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. With Finance Committee meeting at 5:30.