St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Parish Council Meeting Minutes
March 29, 2016
Members present: Dan Sweet, Tom Munchel, Darren Klein, Wayne Hokey, Vicki Sheipe, Sherry Rankin, Amy Engle, Susan Yanos, Charlie Ringwald and Emma Bogue. Also present was Father Joe and Barb Ringwald.
Opening prayer was led by Father Joe.
The meeting was presided over by Dan Sweet.
The February 9, 2016 Minutes were approved. Tom Munchel made a motion with Charlie Ringwald seconding to accept the minutes. Motion passed.
The January & February finance report was given by Tom Munchel. The checking account and the stipend account for February 2016 were reconciled. Sherry Rankin made a motion with Darrin Klein seconding to accept the4 financial report. Motion passed.
Dan Sweet asked about the checking account balance with it getting so high. Barb Ringwald stated that we were fine for now as we are having the garage built. We will address this again after the garage is done and all bills for the project have been paid.
· Re: Epoxy of Bathroom Floors Barb reported that the work has been completed on the three bathroom floors.
· Re: Construction of new storage building The construction is coming along very quickly. The garage did have to be moved 13 feet to the East due to the slope of the ground. Jon Turpin turned in the estimate for the electric for the building today (3-29-16). $4,436.75 and this is with us buying the light. This price could be less once the decision is made on how many outlets and how many lights are needed in the building.
· Leak in the Parish Center needs to be looked at David Sweet will do this to see where it is coming from.
· Future of Religious Education The position will be advertised with the Archdiocese, in our Bulletin and Father Joe will look into putting it in the Criterion.
· File cabinets that were in the office Got one that was the wrong size and did not take back. Wayne Hokey took this and paid for it. Since Wayne used his oints on his account to get these he will be taking a couple file cabinets that we could not use. The fire safe cabinet is going to go in the new garage.
· Organist There is a student from Ball State University that has shown an interest. It was suggested that we give him a piece of our music and have him use a selection of his choice for the interview. Father Joe, Susan Yanos and Michael Rathke will take care of interviewing.
· The security monitor is not working Dan Sweet and Wayne Hokey will take a look at it.
· Parish Charity was disturbed as follows: Birth to Five - $100.00, Red Cross - $100.00, Food Pantry - $125.00, Summer Lunch Program - $125.00, Boys and Girls Club - $50.00 to $100.00 depending on the need Barb Ringwald will contact Darla Henley in Hagerstown regarding this program. $875.00 had been budgeted for Parish Charity the remaining amount will be dispersed at a later date.
· Tom Munchel request that we have a discussion on the certificate of insurance that is required to rent the Center. Felt that this is unfair to our Parishioners. It was asked that Father Joe speak to the Archdiocese, Father Joe didnt feel that there would be any change in the policy.
· The survey of preferable Mass times was discussed.
· Daria Mehaffey from the Cambridge City Christian Church called the office regarding Spring Hill Day Camp June 6 through 10. This is for all children ages K through grade 5. The cost for this is $179.00 and this is a nondenominational day camp. Father Joe stated that we would publicize this on our bulletin board.
· Barb Ringwald passed out an updated wish list for Council members to go over. She will be getting ready to put next years budget together. Council members were asked to bring ideas for any large projects and dollar amounts for these projects to the next meeting.
· Amy Engle reported that an organizational meeting for the Summer Lunch Program will be held at St. Elizabeth on Monday, May 2 at 6:30 p.m. This will be put in the bulletin if anyone is interested in attending. St. Elizabeth will be serving lunch on June 7th and June 9th. Serve time for lunch is 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
March 23 & 24 2nd collection Catholic Home Missions
April 3 Center Rental Baumers
May 1 First Holy Communion
May 8 Honoring Mary ceremony
May 15 Senior recognition
May 21 & 22 Franciscan Mission Brothers here at St. Elizabeth and St. Anne
June 4 Blood Drive at St. Elizabeth
June 4 & 5 2nd collection for Education of Future Priests
Next Parish Council meeting will be Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 6:00p.m. with Finance Committee meeting at 5:30 p.m.
Vicki Sheipe made a motion with Susan Yanos seconding to adjourn. Motion passed
Closing prayer was led by Father Joe.