St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Parish Council Meeting Minutes
May 3, 2016
Members present: Dan Sweet, Tom Munchel, Wayne Hokey, Vicki Sheipe, Sherry Rankin, Amy Engle, Susan Yanos, Charlie Ringwald and Emma Bogue. Also present was Father Joe and Barb Ringwald.
Opening prayer was led by Father Joe.
The meeting was presided over by Dan Sweet.
The March 29, 2016 Minutes were approved. Sherry Rankin made a motion with Susan Yanos seconding to accept the minutes. Motion passed.
Finance report was given by Tom Munchel. The checking account and the stipend account for March 2016 were reconciled. Emma Bogue made a motion with Sherry Rankin seconding to accept the4 financial report. Motion passed.
Barb Ringwald will be doing a summary of major projects and their costs that we have done.
We will be transferring money from operating expenses to ADLF account in the amount of $10,000.00.
· Re: Epoxy of Bathroom Floors Jon Bell could put another layer of epoxy on the floor for the cost of materials. Charlie Ringwald is waiting on a quote from him.
· Re: Moving into the new garage and tearing the other one down: A time will be set to move in when everyone is done with their planting. While discussing the garage Wayne Hokey brought up shelving. He reported on what Menards has to offer and Dan Sweet is going to check with Granger.
· Leak in the Parish Center needs to be looked at David Sweet will do this to see where it is coming from. Dan Sweet and Wayne Hokey will meet with Dave.
· Job Openings Religious Education and Youth Ministry We have one applicant for Religious Education Director Susan Yanos. Susan will prepare a proposal for the next council meeting. Barb Ringwald will make contacts on how to proceed.
· Part time organist Mike Rathke, Susan Yanos, Chris Sedlak interviewed Ben Weaver, a graduate student at Ball State University from Texas. He will play at the Masses the weekend of May 28th and 29th. Pay will be $75.00 per Mass and $20.00 for travel per weekend. This could be subject to change.
· Dan Sweet and Wayne Hokey will check the nonworking security monitor in the office after tonights meeting.
· Proposed Mass times A lengthy discussion on the Cohort meeting was held with Father Joe. The Mass time will ultimately be decided by the Priest. Father Joe reminded everyone to be nice and work together through this difficult time.
· Old Statue of St. Elizabeth in Choir Loft Mike Rathke wants to take the statue and have it repainted at no cost to the Parish. Wants to do this in honor of his Mother Genevieve Rathke.
· Culligan water dispenser not working After a discussion it was decided that it was cheaper to replace than to fix. Charlie Ringwald made a motion with Vicki Sheipe seconding to get a new hot/cold unit. Barb Ringwald will take care of getting this.
· Grill for Canal Days Tom Munchel passed around two grills that he found opn the internet. Dan Sweet suggested that we check some restaurant stores in Indianapolis and Charlie Ringwald suggested that we check Sams Club.
· Father Luerman Scholarship We had two applicants this year. - Abigail Meeker and Travis Isaacs. Susan Yanos made a motion with Wayne Hokey seconding that we award both award both applicants. Motion passed. Father Joe will contact Father Luerman on the amount to be awarded.
· Wish List 1.) Handicap entry doors Dan Sweet will check on prices and Father Joe will check with Steve James. 2.) Barb Ringwald reported that Gig Fields gave her an estimate of $1250.00 to paint three rooms and the bridal room. 3.) Wayne Hokey is to get an estimate on gutters for the new garage.
· Father Joe News Father Joe relayed information he received from the diocesan attorney J. Mercer: RE: Cyber Security we could be held liable if hacked and private information got out. Safety Threat Plan This may have to done after all this was something that we had tabled a while back. Discussion regarding fund raising after some problems had come from Bingo fund raisers at a couple of Parishes.
May 8 Honoring Mary ceremony
May 15 Senior recognition
May 21 & 22 Franciscan Mission Brothers here at St. Elizabeth and St. Anne
June 2 Lincoln Baccalaureate cancelled due to lack of participation
June 4 Blood Drive at St. Elizabeth
June 4 & 5 2nd collection for Education of Future Priests
June 7 & 9 St. Elizabeth days for Summer Lunch Program
June 20 23 Priest convocation at St. Meinrad
June 25 26 - 2nd Collection Peters Pence
July 9 Haley Sweet and Evan Weeden Wedding
July 23 -24 Mission Priest
Next Parish Council meeting will be Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 6:00p.m. with Finance Committee meeting at 5:30 p.m.
Susan Yanos made a motion with Tom Munchel seconding to adjourn. Motion passed
Closing prayer was led by Father Joe