St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Parish Council Meeting Minutes
JUNE 27, 2016
Members present: Dan Sweet, Tom Munchel, Wayne Hokey, Vicki Sheipe, Sherry Rankin, Amy Engle, Susan Yanos, Charlie Ringwald, Darren Klein, Suzie Dungan and Emma Bogue. Also present was Father Joe and Barb Ringwald.
Opening prayer was led by Father Joe. .
The meeting was presided over by Dan Sweet.
The May 31, 2016 Minutes were approved. Sherry Rankin made a motion with Charlie Ringwald seconding to accept the minutes. Motion passed.
Finance report was given by Tom Munchel. The checking account and the stipend account for May 2016 were reconciled. Darren Klein made a motion with Emma Bogue seconding to accept the financial report. Motion passed.
Barb Ringwald reported that the 2016-2017 Budget has an extension due to new leadership.
· Re: Epoxy of Bathroom Floors This is being tabled until we hear back from Jon Bell.
· Leak in the Parish Center needs to be looked at Dan Sweet and Wayne Hokey will be checking on this as soon as possible. Report has been tabled until next meeting.
· Painting of radiator vents in Church Gig will give us an estimate when she gets caught up. Barb will also call Elanda Sharp for an estimate. This needs to be done before it gets cold.
· Security system in office Wayne Hokey reported that a very high quality system would run about $6,000.00. He will not submit a proposal for this system. We will be getting estimates from CEI and Koorsen..
· Proposed Mass times The Mass schedule will remain the same for the month of July. These are possible Mass times being considered by Father John Hall: Sunday Mass 8:00am and Saturday evening Mass could be 4:30 or 5:30 no decision yet. Monday Mass will be at 5:30 pm and Friday Mass will be at 8:00am.
· RE: Replacement of Susan Yanos on the Parish Council As we are an advisory board, no one saw a conflict of interest. Susan will remain on the board.
· RE: Job openings Susan Yanos has emailed Kaitlyn at the New Castle Parish regarding the youth ministry position. Has not heard from her as of this meeting. She is also waiting on Father John Hall to arrive before any definite steps are taken.
· Parish Council Elections: The following members will be going off Suzie Dungan, Emma Bogue and Sherry Rankin. There are eight people running for Parish Council David Holwager, Wayne Hokey, Anne Bodwell, Jean Edington, Janet Sweet, Debbie Magiera, Emma Bogue and Amy Engle. Elections will be held the weekend of August 6th and 7th.
· RE: Barb Ringwalds Salary The raise that was approved last month did not have the correct salary or hourly information. Her pay would go to $30,992.79 for 30 hours per week.
· As of July 6, 2016 Father Joe will no longer be signing checks. Our new Priest - Father John Hall will be signing the Operation Expense Account and the Mass Stipend Account now. The three Parish Council members who can sign checks in Father John Halls absence will be: Tom Munchel, Dan Sweet and Vicki Sheipe.
· Parish Council meeting will be held on Monday evenings at 6:30 pm with the Finance Committee meeting at 6:00 pm. As Father John Hall will be here for the 5:30 pm Mass on Monday evening and would be convenient for him to stay for the meeting following Mass.
· Dan Sweet told Father Joe that we were giving him his computer to take with him and thanked him for everything that he has done for our Parish. He was also presented with an EXTRA large bag of chips! We will miss him.
July 9 Hayley Sweet and Evan Weeden Wedding
July 18 to August 4 Barb Ringwald on vacation.
July 18 to 29 Barb on vacation / August 1 to 4 Barb on ½ day vacation
July 23 -24 Mission Priest
August 6 Blood Drive in Parish Center
August 20 Schamber wedding shower in Parish Center
August 25 Cohort meeting at St. Elizabeth (meal at 6:00pm meeting at 6:30 pm)
August 27 Nicholas Ringwald and Julie Harkebusch wedding
Next Parish Council meeting will be Monday, August 15, 2016 at 6:30p.m. with Finance Committee meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Vicki Sheipe made a motion with Tom Munchel seconding to adjourn. Motion passed
Closing prayer was led by Father Joe.