St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Parish Council Meeting Minutes
August 15, 2016
Members present: Dan Sweet, Tom Munchel, Wayne Hokey(ex officio), Vicki Sheipe, Susan Yanos(ex officio), Charlie Ringwald, Darren Klein, Janet Sweet, David Holwager and Emma Bogue. Also present was Father John and Barb Ringwald.
Opening prayer was led by Father John.
The meeting was presided over by Dan Sweet.
The June 27, 2016 Minutes were approved. Charlie Ringwald made a motion with Tom Munchel seconding to accept the minutes. Motion passed.
Finance report was given by Tom Munchel. The checking account and the stipend account for June and July 2016 were reconciled. Darren Klein made a motion with Vicki Sheipe seconding to accept the financial report. Motion passed.
New Parish Council members: Janet Sweet, David Holwager and Debbie Magiera.
Outgoing members: Emma Bogue, Suzie Dungan and Sherry Rankin.
Reorganization of Parish Council Leadership Tabled until next meeting.
· Re: Epoxy of Bathroom Floors this is supposed to be done the week of August 15th.
· Leak in the Parish Center needs to be looked at Dan Sweet and David Holwager are going to look into this.
· Painting of radiator vents in Church We are still waiting on estimates.
· Security system in office CEI 9 camera system would run $7514.93. Waiting on a quote from McKewen..
· Proposed work around new storage building Scenic Ridge has given us a quote of $400.00 to repair the damage to the building from lawn mower. They also gave us a quote of $2300.00 to put 3 of tapered concrete around building. As far as shrubbery or posts instead of the concrete, Dan Sweet is going to check on this option.
· What to do with the old garage Dublin Gospel Mission has expressed an interest in it. We will ask parishioners first. It will be empty after Canal Days and must be gone by the end of September.
· Father John spoke to the Council, explaining how and why some decisions have been made and that nothing is written in stone. Give it a chance.
· CCD classes begin on Sunday September 18th.
· Susan Yanos will become an ex officio member of Parish Council due to being a staff member. Barb Ringwald will contact Amy Engle about coming on the Parish Council, as she would be next in line.
· Proposal for replacement of air conditioning and furnace in the old section of Parish center This is tabled until it quits. Estimate from Dungans is attached.
· Schedule/arrangements for Rectory upkeep Father John feels that the Rectory should be checked by Parish Council/Finance Committee members occasionally regarding the maintenance and upkeep. Morgan Niehouse could clean the Rectory once a month. Dan Sweet suggested that Father John pick out a mattress that suits him.
· Organist Replacement Ben is interested. We now are paying him $75.00/Mass and $25.00/Travel with choir practice once a month right now. Barb Ringwald contacted Austin Haus as a possible substitute. He will be coming on Thursday August 18th to play three pieces.
· Ministry Workshops A possible date of Saturday September 24th at 8:00 a.m. has been suggested.
· Number of bulletins printed It was agreed to cut back on the number of bulletins printed.
· Any needs for Fr. John/Susan office Nothing is needed at this time.
· Any needs for the Rectory Any Parish Council members wanting to can do the walk through of the Rectory after this meeting.
· Council is not particularly pleased with the cleaning being done by Eric Werking. Barb Ringwald will contact Hartzell about cleaning.
· Charlie Ringwald made a motion with Tom Munchel seconding that we advertise again in the Lincoln Eagle Sports Pass this year. The cost is $100.00. Motion passed.
· Darren Klein made a motion with David Holwager seconding that we donate $25.00 for a Canal Days trophy. Motion passed.
· Charlie Ringwald reported that the new grills are ready, but not hosed up to large tanks yet.
August 20 Schamber wedding shower in Parish Center
August 25 Cohort meeting at St. Elizabeth (meal at 6:00pm meeting at 6:30 pm)
August 27 Nicholas Ringwald and Julie Harkebusch wedding
September 9 11 Canal Days activities
October 1 Blood Drive
October 8 Sweet Reunion
October 15 Jubilee of Mercy Archdiocesan Event
Next Parish Council meeting will be Monday, Serptember 19, 2016 at 6:30p.m. with Finance Committee meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Tom Munchel made a motion with Vicki Sheipe seconding to adjourn. Motion passed
Closing prayer was led by Father Joe.