St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Parish Council Meeting Minutes
November 28, 2016
Members present: Dan Sweet, Vicki Sheipe, Charlie Ringwald, Darren Klein, David Holwager, Amy Engle, Tom Munchel, Janet Sweet and Debbie Magiera. Also present was Father John, Barb Ringwald, Susan Yanos and parishioner Emma Bogue.
Opening prayer was led by Father John.
The meeting was presided over by Dan Sweet.
The October 17, 2016 Minutes were approved as corrected. David Holwager made a motion with Tom Munchel seconding to accept the minutes. Motion passed.
Finance report was given by Darren Klein. The checking account and the stipend account for October 2016 were reconciled. Darren reported that $2,864.00 was needed each week to meet the budget. Tom Munchel made a motion with Vicki Sheipe seconding to accept the financial report. Motion passed.
· Dan Sweet reported that Beard has finished fixing the cupola and putting the cap on unused chimney on church. Bell tower is fine. Some cleaning/vacuuming and painting is needed on the foundation of the Rectory basement. There is $1500.00 due for the roofing work that was done.
· Amy Engle reported on the Parish directory. The goal was 160 and 154 spots were filled. Betsy Morphew is doing the artwork on the directory and Amy is working on the history of the Parish.
· Security system in office Wayne is to get information together and submit at the next council meeting. There was $12,000.00 budgeted. This is a capital expense and would come from the ADLF Fund. The quote from CEI is attached to the minutes and on file.
· What to do with the old garage Steve Cox wants the overhead door and opener. Steve also has people who would like the wood and any usable parts. Asked that we have a dumpster set for them. They will have an insurance certificate.
· When the bathroom floor was resealed in the mens restroom, there was seal placed over urine stains. It was decided to go back to Jon Bell and have him fix this. Dan Sweet contacted Jon Bell and no response as of meeting date.
· Building Issues Dave Holwager reported on the following: 1) Minor wiring in the basement of the Rectory needs to be done estimated $1800.00 to $2000.00 for electrical repairs. 2) Tear carpeting out of Rectory while the dumpster is here. 3) Altar lights need to be LED from now on. 4) Repaint sealant on basement walls in Rectory. 5) Call Dungans to work on toilet upstairs, kitchen faucets and downstairs shower in the Rectory. 6) Exterminate 7) RE; Furniture sell or give away what is not wanted and clean/reupholster what is kept. 8) Check to see what type of flooring is under carpet. 9) Check with Duke Energy and Jon Turpin regarding the fluorescent lights. 10) Charlie Ringwald will call Brian Ballenger for some of the renovations.
· Replacement of Church riding mower/purchasing snow blower Wayne Hokey stated that we should be able to get a snow blower from $500.00 to $2850.00 depending on what we want. Needs to be electric start, self propelled and adjustable chute. Dave Holwager made a motion with Charlie Ringwald seconding that we allow up to $1200.00 for a snow blower. Motion passed. Dave Holwager suggested that we go with a 48 cut on the lawn mower with mulching blades. Discussed going low end commercial. Additional accessories discussed were a handrail for $115.00 and a step for $300.00. Dave Holwager made a motion with Tom Munchel seconding that we budget up to $5500.00 for a new mower. Motion passed.
· RE: Large bulletins Barb Ringwald is to check on holders for them. There has been a positive response to the larger bulletins.
· Barb Ringwald reported that the Senior Dinner was a great success and the Senior Center got 44 meals from the leftovers. A goodwill collection was taken up and over $400.00 was sent to the Food Pantry.
· RE: Charities Dan Sweet stated that we should receive written requests from charities needing money. Charlie Ringwald made a motion with Dave Holwager seconding that we donate $200.00 to the Hope Center in Connersville. Motion passed.
· Religious Education Director Susan Yanos has submitted her resignation, effective December 18, 2016. Kaitlyn from St. Anne Parish will help out during the interim of finding a new director. We need to at least find a go between for her to communicate with from our Parish.
· Father Jeremy is in contact with the Archdiocese regarding the confirmation retreat. There has not been a date set yet.
· The Holiday Brunch will be Saturday December 10, 2016 following the Saturday evening Mass. Everyone attending is to bring an appetizer and drinks will be furnished.
· Dan Sweet announced that outreach to the homebound is suffering. Need to speak to the Eucharistic Ministers about this.
· Father John thanked Susan Yanos for her work and time.
· Father John reported that Catholic Charities spoke to the deanery about looking at the Connersville Deanery for a possible counseling center run by Catholic Charity Counselors and would be interested in using our Rectory.
December 4 Toschlogs in Parish Center
December 7 Anticipation Mass for Immaculate Conception 5:30 p.m.
December 10 Holiday Open House Reception after Mass
December 10 & 11 Second collection for Retirement Fund for Religious
December 18 Munchels in the Parish Center
December 19 Opportunities for Confession
December 24 Mass at 10 p.m. music begins at 9:30 p.m.
December 26 January 1 Parish Office is closed
Next Parish Council meeting will be Monday, January 16, 2017 at 6:30p.m. with Finance Committee meeting at 6:00 p.m.
David Holwager made a motion with Vicki Sheipe seconding to adjourn. Motion passed
Closing prayer was led by Father John.