JUNE 19, 2017


Members present: Vicki Sheipe, David Holwager, Debbie Magiera, Dan Sweet, Darren Klein, Tom Munchel, Wayne Hokey and Janet Sweet.  Also attending was Emma Bogue, Parishioner and Barb Ringwald and Father John Hall. Excused from the meeting was Amy Engle and Charlie Ringwald.


Opening prayer was led by Father John.

The meeting was presided over by Dan Sweet.


David Holwager made a motion with Debbie Magiera seconding that the minutes from the May 15, 2017 meeting be accepted. Motion passed.


Financial Report –


Finance Report was given by Darren Klein. The checking account and the stipend account for May was reconciled.  Tom Munchel made a motion with Vicki Sheipe seconding. Motion passed.

Dan Sweet thought that it would be a good idea to do a quarterly review of the budget to help us stay on track. Council agreed.




ORGANIST STATUS – Dan Sweet reported that Karen Sweet, Diane Buhl and Carol Linginfelter are working on this. Options for this position are Sid Newbold from Greens Fork who would be playing the Saturday night Mass and Laura Krell who would be playing the Sunday morning Mass. Laura will also be directing the choir. Tom Munchel made a motion with Janet Sweet seconding that we proceed with this. Motion passed.


LANDSCAPING AROUND STORAGE GARAGE – Dan Sweet talked to Kaitlyn Lacy at the High School, she has come up with a design using 24 box woods and 24 rose bushes. These would be at a cost of 25.00 each (600.00) It was decided to give a donation of $1,100.00 to the LHS FFA. This project will be done over the summer.


WHAT TO DO WITH ITEMS FROM THE RECTORY – Barb suggested that we have a silent auction and then have an open house with appetizers, etc. for the parishioners and they could tour the Rectory


SUGGESTIONS FOR THE USE OF THE RECTORY – 1. Use for the bridal room instead of the Parish Center. 2. Use as an area for parent’s and grandparent’s to wait on children in CCD. 3. RCIA – adult education classes. 4. Use for Parishioner’s visiting families (this was going to need more looking into because of insurance).





DRAKE WEDDING – Sarah Drake asked if they could use the Rectory for the Bridal Party to get ready in. Dave Holwager made a motion with Wayne Hokey seconding. Motion passed.


PARISH COUNCIL NOMINATING COMMITTEE – Debbie Magiera, Janet Sweet and Darren Klein were appointed to the Nominating Committee.

The slate of officers should be turned in for the weekend of August 4th and 5th, with elections being held the weekend of the 12th and 13th. Vicki Sheipe, Tom Munchel and Dan Sweet are the three going off this year. Dan Sweet and Tom Munchel have only served one term, while Vicki has served two terms.


SUMMER PICNIC FOR ALL THREE WORSHIP SITES - Father John reported that this is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, August 27, 2017 – needs to be presented to St, Anne and St. Rose. This would be held on the grounds of St. Rose in Knightstown.


REKEY THE RECTORY – Barb suggested that we rekey the Rectory. Everything works on a master key and that gives access to Father John’s office, Barb’s office, etc. Barb will look into this.


FATHER JOHN NEWS – 1.) Father John discussed the handling of the United Catholic Appeals letter. He said that the Archdiocese could take care of it all. Everything would be returned to the Archdiocese also. After a discussion it was decided to keep it the way it is. Parishioners will pick up their forms and return back to St. Elizabeth. That way we know what is going on.


CARPET CLEANING – This will be scheduled after the start of the new fiscal year. Hartzell will do the cleaning.



June 24 – Glover Wedding

July 1 & 2 – Peter’s Pence 2nd collection

July 1 – Briar (Rihm) wedding

Next Parish Council meeting will be Monday, August 21, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. with Finance Committee meeting at 6:30 p.m.

David Holwager made a motion with Dan Sweet seconding to adjourn the meeting. Motion passed.


Closing prayer was led by Father John.