ST. ELIZABETH OF HUNGARY
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017
Members present: Vicki Sheipe, outgoing member, David Holwager, Debbie Magiera, Darren Klein, Wayne Hokey, Amy Engle, Janet Sweet, re-elected members Dan Sweet and Tom Munchel, and newly elected members Teresa Drake and Debbie Weiss. Also attending was Emma Bogue, Parishioner and Father John Hall.
Opening prayer was led by Father John.
The meeting was presided over by Dan Sweet.
David Holwager made a motion with Tom Munchel seconding that the minutes from the August 21, 2017 meeting be accepted. Motion passed.
Financial Report –
Finance Report was given by Darren Klein. The checking account and the stipend account for August was reconciled. David Holwager made a motion with Darren Klein seconding. Motion passed.
The Parish Finance Annual Report was reviewed with Wayne Hokey suggesting to add continued on next page wording. The Annual Report will be distributed to Parishioners.
Elections / Parish Council Leadership:
Chairperson – Dan Sweet. David Holwager made a motion with Darren Klein seconding. Motion Passed.
Vice-Chair – Amy Engle. Tom Munchel made a motion with Vicki Sheipe seconding. Motion Passed.
Secretary – Janet Sweet. Dan Sweet made a motion with Tom Munchel seconding. Motion passed.
· Mailbox – David Holwager will get the post and mailbox placed at the north entrance of the Parish Center.
· Maintenance Issues -
Furnace room water issues repaired.
David Holwager will get estimate from Shanks Tree Service for tree removal and trimming.
Exterior doors – Wayne Hokey repaired the northeast door and we need to change out the kitchen door.
Dan Sweet will contact Charlie Ringwald concerning repair to the bell tower.
Eric Werking will be contacted about bat issues in the building.
David Holwager will contact someone to repair the back of a dining room chair in the Rectory.
Also discussed replacing folding chairs in the Parish Center, budget to rotate and replace 24 chairs per year. Wayne Hokey will remove broken tables.
Landscaping was to be completed by Kaitlyn Lacy and class from Lincoln High School (LHS) for $600 this summer. Dan Sweet will contact Kaitlyn and we will donate $1,100 to LHS for the project.
Dan Sweet will contact Steve Parker for a quote of 4 handicapped door openers installed.
Repairs are needed in the basement drains.
· Lawn mower sold at AT&I for $406 profit.
· Parish Picnic at St. Rose attended well – 220. Follow up of a bigger tent next year. Expenses of around $2,200.
· United Catholic Appeal – November 11 & 12. Since 1980, various missions of the diocese. We will have a Parish goal.
· Canal Days – Profit of $6,423. We will send a thank you to Harrington-Hoch for the donation of 20 cases of water.
· Finance Council – Meetings are at 6:30 before the Parish Council meetings, all invited to attend.
· Donation – A motion to donate $2,500 each to St. Gabriel School in Connersville and Seton School in Richmond was made by Tom Munchel, seconded by Debbie Magiera. Motion passed.
Ø September 23 & 24 - Mission Priest to speak at Masses
Ø September 30 - 1/2 Parish Center reserved - Baby Shower
Ø October 14 - Center reserved - Sweet Reunion
Ø October 21 - Blood Drive in Parish Center
Ø October 21 & 22 - World Mission Sunday
Next Parish Council meeting will be Monday, October 16, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. with Finance Committee meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Debbie Magiera made a motion with Tom Munchel seconding to adjourn the meeting. Motion passed.
Closing prayer was led by Father John.